Barnraising ATO at Tufts
Sunday, 10 October, 2010 - 12:30 - 17:30
For Tufts’ Global Work Party we’re partnering with HEET (Home Energy Efficiency Team) to weatherize ATO, the Swimming/Diving and Sailing “Coternity” on the Medford campus, with student, staff and faculty volunteers. The event will take place from 12:30 – 5:30pm.
Here’s what to expect as a volunteer:
1) You’ll learn something! You’ll get training and experience in weatherization techniques, many of which you can use in your own home.
2) You might get dirty! Weatherization work includes using things like caulk and spray foam, which stain clothing; it also includes changing light bulbs, which, at worst, might get you a bit dusty.
3) You’ll get fed! Dinner is provided after the weatherization is complete.
4) You’ll be entertained! There will be a presentation during dinner on Green Energy sponsored by the Tufts Energy Forum.
5) You’ll have a great time! Not only will you get to help make ATO more energy efficient, but you’ll be cutting carbon with friends and fellow Jumbos.
With your help, 10/10/10 is going to be the biggest day of practical action to cut carbon that the world has ever seen! There are lots of ways to get involved with Tufts’ projects: we need volunteers, team leaders, and enthusiastic energy efficiency advocates; there are different levels of involvement too – from leading an energy efficiency team to just showing up and getting trained on the day of the project.
How to Get Involved Planning the Event: Please e-mail Get.to.work.Tufts(at)gmail.com We need people to * Volunteer at the event on 10/10/10 * Train to be team leaders * Publicize the event * Sponsor ATO
Event Host: http://environment.tufts.edu/