10/10/10 U Gotta Go Green Eco-Extravaganza!
Sunday, 10 October, 2010 - 10:00 - 16:00
Dear Southwest Florida Community,
On 10/10/10, 350.org is orchestrating a Global Work Party, with emphasis on both 'work' and 'party'. It is an environmental call to action in each of our own cities and towns, taking place simultaneously, all around the globe. Of equal importance is the opportunity for us to celebrate our own community’s growing commitment to eco-action!
There are already thousands of people around the world scheduled to do something great that day…something to save energy, reduce waste or lower the amount of carbon in our atmosphere to 350 parts per million from the currently perilous level of 392 ppm.
Here in Southwest Florida we are holding a 10/10/10 "U Gotta Go Green" Eco- Extravaganza at the Mercato on Vanderbilt Beach Rd. and US 41 in Naples. We are planning an exciting event with a full day of eco-related programming that will include a vast array of action options!
You definitely will want to be a part of this history-making event!
Circle 10/10/10 on your calendar now.That's the date! The environmental programs, exhibits, demonstrations, information and entertainment will be offered from 10 a.m.to 4 p.m. Community drumming and Eco-networking after-party to follow.
Some of the activities that will be offered are:
● Bicycle Obstacle Course & Safety for Children
● Solar Powered Pontoon Boat & Electric Bike Demo
● Worm Hotel & Chicken Tractor
● Kid’s Art Activities Utilizing Recycled Materials
● Reducing Your Carbon Paw-print with "Tiffy", the Dog for the Earth
● "Going Green", Sustainability & Eco-related Book Display
● Bird House Building & Rain Barrel-making Workshops
● Creative Clothesline Display & Contest
● Commuter & Touring Bike Testers from Local Bike Shops
● Green Auto Exhibition, Electric Porsche, Veggie-mobiles, GEM Car Demo
● “Gardeners Gone Wild” - Rhythm Stomp Performance with Garden Tools
● Organic Cooking Demos, Tastings, Cookbook & Co-ops
● Alternative Energy Exhibits & Solar Products
● Free Seedlings & Plants - Fruit Tree and Garden Sale
● Discounts on Eco and Environmentally-Related Products
● Gardening Course Sign-ups & Farm Tour Registrations
● “No Impact Challenge” Participant Commitment
● Gulf Oil Truth & Disaster Action Groups
● “Trashion-ista” Repurposed Clothing Fashion Show & “Brunch-eon”
● On-Site Recycling Collection Bins, Paper Shredder, E-Waste Truck
● “Eco-Speaker’s Corner” Soap Box
● Live Art - Interactive Community Creation of Recycled Art Sculpture
● Closing Ceremony & Drumming Circle Celebration
● Green Rewards After-Party & Eco-networking
● Drawing for Fabulous Prizes - Grand Prize to Amazon Jungle!
It is time for all of us in SouthWest Florida to show that we are really serious about making changes and doing the work necessary to make a difference. If you or your organization would like to be involved, please contact us immediately at info@UGottaGoGreen.comto discuss the possibilities.
Exhibit/table space is $35.00 which includes your listing on our event web page. You will need to bring your own table, chair and eco-friendly display and materials, in keeping with a truly “Green” event. We are seeking exhibitors in any of the following categories: Eco-Art, Alternative Energy, Organic Farming, Gardening, Permaculture, etc.
On October 10th, 2010 we'll show our leaders that we, the people, are committed to protecting, preserving and improving our environment. We can each do our part in reducing our carbon footprint and treading more lightly on the planet. Now let’s get to work!
We look forward to your participation in helping to make this an influential and successful event.
The 10/10/10 U Gotta Go Green Global Work Party Planning Committee
•Please bring only Eco-friendly food and drink with you.
•Try to Walk, Bike (there will be bike racks available), Take Public Transportation or Share a Ride to the event –www.PickUpPal.com/pup/group/UGottaGoGreenSWFL www.CommuterServivedFl.com or call 1-866-585-RIDE.
•Please bring items for recycling such as:
•FREE ONSITE PAPER SHREDDING Papers, confidential records, sensitive documents, e-storage & computers - Adera Onsite Security Shredding
•Ink cartridges and batteries of every shape and size - Best Buy
•Corks & #5 Plastics - Whole Foods
•Cell phones and unused toiletries for the The Naples Women's Shelter
•Clean clothing and household items for St. Matthew's House
•Ass'd recyclable materials - Collier County Waste Management Dept.
•Rewards will be given for any Eco-actions taken that day…qualifying you for more chances to win our grand prize - A Trip to the Amazon Jungle!
How to Get Involved Planning the Event: Our next planning meeting will be taking place at Outside the Box Studio, 1610 Trade Center Way #4 in Naples, FL. on Wednesday, Sept. 15th at 6:00 pm. Please call Marjorie at 239-596-6776 to let me know of your interest prior to attending. Looking forward to seeing you there!!
Related Files: (to download, right-click and "Save As...")