Work Party on Sergelstorg
Organisations and groups behind this event: Swedish Klimataktion (Climate Action), Greenpeace, WWF, Fältbiologerna, Klimax, The group of artists called Rapid Art Respons, Dance Council Stockholm, a group called Dress Off Dress On and the climate magazine Heroes of Today arranged a very successful Work Party at the central square Sergels Torg in Stockholm.
Program 12am - 5pm (12-17):
- The Big Flash Mob & Swop Party, A mass performance including Flash Mob, dance and thing swop started at 2pm
- Klimatförmedlingen AB, "Climate Recruitment Agency", pretended to be like a job service for individuals who wanted to do something for the climate.
- Stadsodling och lokal omställning, urban gardening and local transition - Vinterviken's urban gardening group presented their work.
- Greenpeace: Subway flash mob + Sun, wind, water bike mob - GP activists dressed as Renewable Energy Sources. The bike mob ended up at Sergels torg at about 1.55 pm.
- WWF Panda dance - People danced a simple and engaging circle dance to signal unity in our work in combating climate change. 12.30
- The Climate Quartet and sing along started at 4.30
- Klimatkärringarna och Vädergubbarna
- Youth Initiative program YIP invited people to drink fresh locally grown applejuice.
- A visualization of how to decrease CO2 in the atmosphere was presented on the big stairs of Sergels torg.
- Meatfree Monday; It matters what you eat! Choose Meatfree Monday for the environment, people, health and animals. Gave away meat-free sandwiches to the visitors.
- Heroes of Today screened the movie Home inside a greenpeace tent.