Sunday, 10 October, 2010 - 19:00 - 22:00
The best scientists this planet has agreed that 350 parts per million (ppm) of CO2 in the atmosphere is the amount that ensures long-term sustainability of life on Earth.
Now, it is 388 ppm and growing.
That's why the climate is changing, droughts are raging, waters are flooding and perpetual ice is melting.
You, man, are doing everything to disappear.
You, consumer, are wasting what's not yours.
You, human being, a self-proclaimed pinnacle of evolution.
You, social beast, choose the leaders to serve you, your interests.
Your interest above all the interests is survival.
And Nature should trust you?
Artistic Competition SOS - 350brenovac
9/30 - 10/9 2010
SOS message to save the planet - free artform - cash prize - apply on firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribune Surviving Obrenovac
10/10/10 at 19:00 Sports and Culture Center Obrenovac
1. Projection of the documentary "Obrenovac - a scenario for disaster '(29 minutes, 2002)
2. Open discussion on the environmental questions that film raised with:
- Actors and filmmakers,
- Local thermal power plant officials,
3. Award ceremony and presentation of artworks of winners in the contest.
ADMISSION FREE - CITIZENS WELCOME
- Documentary film "Obrenovac - a scenario for a disaster” is a half-hour environmental documentary which reveals in detail the catastrophic truth about the destruction of ecosystem caused by many years of irresponsible work of the thermo - energy complex of TPP Nikola Tesla A and B in Obrenovac, suburbs of Serbian capitol Belgrade. Scenario for disaster is: increase of diseases - various forms of asthma and bronchitis, severe forms of allergies, leukemia and cancer, dissemination of ashes of 800 acres of ashes’ landfill, dysfunction of the electric filters, pollution of groundwater and surface water, the risk of spillage of waste ashes in the Sava river and the agricultural fields... For the first time in public, the truth about the dark results of the neglect of environment is explained by the workers and management of thermo power plants, environmentalist that were haunted by the communist regime for telling the truth, environmental organizations, activists, doctors who deal with the consequences of pollution and directly affected citizens of Obrenovac. Who will survive Obrenovac?
Film duration: 29 minutes; Directed by: Aleksandar Jovanovic & Rastko Sejic; Production: NGO What Do You Want & Radio Television Serbia 2002
Event Website: http://350brenovac.youth.rs/
Event Host: NGO What Do You Want? is a pro-European and pro-global citizenship, non-partisan yet politically engaged, non-governmental organization that consists of professionals, authors not copycats, who took and are taking an active role in the fight for the democratization of Serbia.
Related Files: (to download, right-click and "Save As...")