GREEN GENERATION-A new beginning
Sunday, 10 October, 2010 - 13:30 - 15:00
LAUNCH OF PROJECT GREEN GENERATION BY J&K SPCB & IYCN (JK CHAPTER)On 10/10/10.
The project was jointly inaugurated by Commissioner Secretary Forest, Shantmanu (IAS), Chairman, J&K State Pollution Control Board Lalchand. An event was organized at SPCB lawns in Srinagar, Kashmir. Senior officers of the Forest Department and the SPCB including Member Secretary, SPCB, Mohit Gera, Mrs Gera and other prominent figures were present on the occasion.
In his inaugural address, Regional Director, SPCB Kashmir, Farooq Ahmed Gilani said Kashmir region has 10 Districts. From each district we will select 10 groups and each group will consist of 10 School/ College Students. That makes 1000 students. They will be known as "GREEN GENERATION".
These groups will be given 10 Green tasks and on successful completion of these tasks they will be given marks. The top three winning teams will be rewarded with certificates and Eco-friendly gifts. The starting date of the Tasks will be 10/10/10 and the last date for the completion of Tasks will be 10th Aug 2011. On induction in "GREEN GENERATION" they will be given kits consisting of specially designed green caps, green notebooks, green pens and GREEN TASK list.
The event was widely covered by print media and TV channels like Aaj Tak, Sahara, ETV, etc
TEN GREEN TASKS:
1. Design Posters to create awareness about environmental issues.
2.Create crafts from Recycled Material.
3. Organize Street Plays in their respective regions to highlight environmental issues.
4. Make Photo Collages/paintings/write poems/essays on environmental issues.
5. Make their areas 'NO POLYTHENE ZONE"
6. Organize Nature Walks in a nearby park/Sanctuary, study about the biodiversity of their region and prepare an Essay or Photo Album on diff. species of plants, animals, etc.
7. Create awareness about Waste Segregation and implement Waste Management in their areas.
8. Organize a cleanliness drive in a nearby Tourist Destination.
9. Collect information about the environmental problems concerning their respective regions and draft a detailed report on the same. The issues such as Receding Glaciers, Deforestation, Waste Disposal,Shrinking Water bodies, Vanishing Wetlands, Pollution, etc should be highlighted in the report.
10. Write letters to administration/ editors about the environmental issues of their area and suggest recommendations for the same.
Event Host: IYCN J&K chapter is part of Indian Youth Climate network (IYCN). www.iycn.in or greensolutionsindia.org Please visit the Green Generation-a new beginning Page on Face Book: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Generation-a-new-beginning/148423701835299?v=photos#!/pages/Green-Generation-a-new-beginning/148423701835299
Related Files: (to download, right-click and "Save As...")