Your Event Photos
Your event photo is perhaps the most important part of your action. The better your picture, the more effect it will have. It is evidence that people around the world have the very same ambitious goal for Planet Earth.
Here are seven guidelines to help you get a great action photo:
1. Check the camera. Make sure that it works, someone knows how to use it, and that its batteries are fully charged. Use the best digital camera you can find with the best person behind it and set it to the best-quality setting. If possible, organise a backup camera. If you can’t get a fancy camera, don’t worry – use a cellphone camera or whatever you can find. If you have to use a film camera rather than a digital one, make a plan to have the film developed as quickly as possible so it can be shared with the world.
2. Gather your people. It's crucial that you gather everyone together at your action for your photo - this is how we can show world leaders just how big this movement is. Ask them to look lively – 350 is fun, and we’re here to build a better world!
3. Show the number 350, whether it's with people, a banner, giant cardboard numbers, trees, candles or whatever you can think of, this is crucial. Every picture needs to have 350 in it -- this is what will unite the photos all around the world, whether you're in Slovenia or Suriname.
4. Show People Getting to Work. Whether you're digging a garden or installing solar panels, planting trees or fixing bikes--try to make sure that your tools, your projects, and your passion make it into the picture.
5. Show us where you are. If possible, include local landmarks or typical surroundings of your area in your picture. If you live in a city, have some buildings in the shot, or if you live by the sea, let’s see some water. Be careful not to make the people and the 350 too small in the picture, though.
6. Take more than one picture! It’s easy to take a few shots of groups, also from different angles or closer and further away. This will allow you a choice from which you can select your best images. Be creative with some of your shots!
7. Check the picture. Most digital cameras allow you to instantly review your pictures. Make sure your pictures look OK before everyone goes home.
8. IMPORTANT: Send us your best image. We ask that you submit your best photo as soon as you can. If you want to create a multimedia "event report" page on 350.org, click here. If you just want to submit a photo, you can email them into 350.org.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see you wonderful images!