Bill McKibben and Guests Recruit for “World’s Largest Climate March” at Boston Opera House on Friday, August 22
Evening event will feature music, speakers, and updates on plans for this September’s People’s Climate March
Boston, MA — Author and activist Bill McKibben, who The Boston Globe called “probably America’s most important environmentalist,” will come to the Boston Opera House this August 22 for an evening rally to recruit for the People’s Climate March, what organizers hope will be the largest march for climate action in world history.
McKibben will be joined by author and fracking activist Sandra Steingraber, student fossil fuel divestment campaign leaders, Pacific Island representatives, musicians Melodeego, Tem Blessed, and Zo Tobi, and more.
Organizers hope to recruit thousands of Massachusetts residents to come to New York City will for the People’s Climate March on September 21, two days before President Obama and world leaders attend an important Climate Summit at the United Nations. More than 600 organizations are supporting the effort and organizers expect it to be the largest march for climate action in world history.
What: The People’s Climate Tour, an evening of speakers and music to recruit for the largest climate march in history.
Where: The Boston Opera House, 539 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
When: Friday, August 22, 7:00pm
Who: Speakers will include:
- Bill McKibben – author, educator, environmentalist, co-founder of 350.org
- Sandra Steingraber – biologist, author, and science advisor for Americans Against Fracking
- Vanessa Rule – co-director and lead organizer for Mothers Out Front, co-founder of Better Future Project
- Koreti Tiumalu – Pacific Islands Climate Warrior Campaign
- Varshini Prakash – student divestment organizer at UMass Amherst, board member at Responsible Endowments Coalition, coordinator at Divestment Student Network
More Info: Event website
Bill McKibben and all of the guests are available for interviews before the event. Press passes will also be available, please RSVP to Jamie Henn, email@example.com, 415-890-3350.