Work for 350.org
We believe in a safe climate and a better future — a just, prosperous, and equitable world built with the power of ordinary people.
350.org is building a global grassroots climate movement that can hold our leaders accountable to the realities of science and the principles of justice — it’s a big job, and we’re looking for super smart, strategic, driven people to get it done.
That movement is rising from the bottom up all over the world, and is uniting to create the solutions that will ensure a better future for all. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions bring together a global network active in over 188 countries.
At 350.org, you’ll work with a team of brilliant, fierce colleagues, tackling one of the greatest issues of our time, in a flexible and collaborative environment. Learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and where we’re going.
Find a Job
10 Reasons to Work for 350.org
- We’re doing important work on one of the biggest issues of our time — perhaps of all time.
- We mean business. We do our best to run campaigns and projects that account for the full scale of the climate crisis.
- We're playing for keeps. We pick bold, ambitious fights — and often we win them.
- We get how social change works. It's not just about winning campaigns — it's about changing the politics of what's possible.
- We're innovative. We like to try new things, and our culture encourages it.
- We take our accountability to the movement seriously. We know we can't win this fight alone, and we deeply value our partners and allies.
- We're good people to work with. Our staff are based throughout the world, but we mix up working remotely with in-person retreats, and we've even been known to throw a dance party or two.
- Have a child or parent you need to take care of? Exhausted and need to take some time away? We want to help you design a work schedule that lets you take care of yourself and the people you love.
- Our benefits are fantastic. Make sure to ask about them during the interview process.
- We offer equitable and sustainable compensation, no matter where you are in the world.
Our hiring process follows a standard pathway for most vacancies worldwide and can in most cases be conducted virtually. Our process assesses candidates based on merit, skills, past relevant experience, qualifications, culture fit, and alignment with 350’s theory of change.
- You apply through our online system.
- Your application is reviewed by the hiring committee.
- You have an initial screening call with a member of the hiring team. Typically about 15-20 minutes long.
- You have a second phone interview with a member of the hiring team. Typically lasting between 40-60 minutes. Covering your past experience, your personal vision for the work, and your skills and qualifications.
- For the most promising candidates, we will typically conduct a skills test lasting 2-3 hours. Skills tests let us get a sense for how you’d approach the kind of tasks and problems you’d encounter in the role.
- The final stage in the hiring process is typically a group interview involving multiple members of the hiring committee and an HR representative. This interview allows the hiring committee to ask questions about your skills test, get more details about how your background and analysis fits with 350.org’s theory of change, and talk to you in a group setting.
- Lastly: the best candidate gets an offer letter and (hopefully) a job!
350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out its work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at jobs[@]350.org with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.
What We've Been Up To Lately:
Have questions? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to get to know you.