We just wanted to give everyone an update on where we stand as of this morning:
What you've accomplished so far:
1) 'World's most widespread day of political action' last Saturday, with 5245 actions in 181 countries
2) Saturation press coverage, that has helped drive the 350 number home. At one point this weekend, we were the top story (simultaneously) on CNN, The New York Times, Le Monde, Google News, and on and on all around the world. Millions of people now know that scientists say that 350 parts per million carbon dioxide is the most that we can safely have in the atmosphere.
3) 19,000 photos, and many hours of video, documenting the day's actions.
4) The first delivery of batches of those photos, to the Secretary General of the UN.
What comes next:
1) The delivery by local organizers everywhere of photos of their events to their local, regional, and national officials and a report (link here) on the response
2) Our core team is getting ready to go to Barcelona in a few days. It's the site of the last negotiating session before the big Copenhagen climate conference in December. We'll be distributing photos, factsheets, and scientific data to every delegate there, using the power of your events to insure they listen to the science
3) We're busy planning with other big organizations for how best to coordinate actions going into Copenhagen. We'll let you know as quickly as we can as plans develop.